Sunday, September 11, 2011

Patriot Day

Happy Patriot Day! It feels weird saying "Happy" in front of that, as I'm sure most of you have solemn memories of that day, as I do. I don't know about you, but I LOVE hearing "where were you when..." stories. If you are reading this, please leave a comment telling me where you were 10 years ago today (Sept. 11th). I was at home getting ready for my classes at WSU when I heard my mom scream from the kitchen. She was watching it on the news and saw the first plane hit. I joined her and we watched the second plane hit, and the towers go down. It was such a day of sadness and terror. I was so scared for those men and women and also amazed at their bravery and heroism. And I am so grateful for them and for those who have been serving our country all these years.

Anyway, it's been a while since we have put anything on the ol' blog. So here's a little bit of a catch-up and some pics from our concert a couple nights ago.

We were asked to sing at the Fruit Heights Stake for a special annual activity they do for the High Priests. Last year the entertainment was Lex de Azevedo, so yeah....we got to follow that. But it was a lot of fun and we did a lot of our patriotic numbers as well as some spiritual ones. Here are a couple pics from that night...

Getting ready/warming up...




Mandi wasn't able to perform with us, because she had a BABY the morning after our performance!! So congrats to her, they are all doing well.


More exciting catch-up news- Becky had her baby....9 weeks ago. And Shannon is having a baby in May. That will be a grand total of 14 kids between the 5 of us...so far. Yup, that's what you get with a women's group!

So that about wraps up the last little while. So, where were you...?







No comments: